Good Corporate Governance: As a listed company in the stock exchange since 2005, the Company is determined to become a leading organization with professional management giving precedence to the principles of Good Corporate Governance and strict compliance with practices as stipulated by the Stock Exchange of Thailand and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), having received the following awards of pride.
- The Company was placed in the “Excellent” group with a five-star award ( ) for the assessment of Corporate Governance and ranked in the Top Quartile level within the group of companies with market capitalization of Baht 3,000 million to Baht 9,999 million, having received a score of 90 percent in year 2015 which is higher than score received in year 2014 at 86 percent, according to the assessment criteria and scoring procedure that are more in line with the ASEAN CG Scorecard (ACGS).
- AGM Assessment Award: The Company received an “Excellent” rating within 100-point range for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) Assessment of the Listed Companies Year 2015 by the Thai Investors Association (TIA) for the 5th year consecutively from year 2011 to 2015.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): The Company is determined to manage the business with corporate social responsibility which is an important factor for sustainable development by starting with the development of Diamond People including directors, executives and employees at every level to adhere to integrity, honesty and transparency as well as holding to the principle of fair business practice and the code of conduct toward every group of stakeholders in the business chain; namely, the shareholders, customers, trading partners and competitors without seekng its own benefit and creating conflict of interest with the Company for the utmost interest and sustainable success. The Company has carried out such work and been certified as follows.
- ESG 100 (Environmental, Social and Governance: ESG): On June 22, 2015, the Company was placed among 100 listed companies by the Thaipat Institute, for having outstanding environmental, social and governance (ESG 100).
- Private Sector Collective Action Coalition Against Corruption (CAC): The Company received the Anti-Corruption Certificate as the CAC member No. 125 on October 16, 2015 for a 3-year period from the certified date.
- The Company became the Partnership Against Corruption for Thailand (PACT Network), established by the Thaipat Institute to develop and implement concrete, practical action-oriented anti-corruption mechanisms and raise awareness of anti-corruption issues among employees and executives to be used as additional tools for overseeing the operations.
Dividend Payment Year 2015: According to the Company’s separate financial statements of year 2015, the net profit was Baht 343.97 million or Baht 0.33 per share from a par value of Baht 1.00 per share. The Board of Directors, therefore, proposed to appropriate the earnings for dividend payment at Baht 0.25 per share to the shareholders. Accordingly, the Company had already paid the interim dividend of Baht 0.12 per share on September 25, 2015. Therefore, the remaining dividend of Baht 0.13 per share will be paid out on May 23, 2016. Such dividend payment accounts for 75.76 percent of the net earnings per share in year 2015. The Board of Directors has always considered paying high rate of dividend to the shareholders for the past several years in order to continuously provide good return to the shareholders.
Future Trend: In year 2016, Thai economy is expected to gradually recover due to acceleration of investments from the government sector as well as its assistance measures for agricultural sector. Lower fuel price should also contribute to more spending on other products by the consumers. Weakening Thai Baht currency should improve Country’s export market. The Company anticipates that the construction materials market should improve along with the increasing purchasing power of the consumers.
The Board of Directors would like to extend its thanks and appreciation to the shareholders, business partners and all related parties for the continued support that has enabled the Company to respectively attain success and progress thus far
Lastly, the Company wishes to offer our condolences on the death of Mr. James Patrick Rooney, the Company’s Director, who passed away on October 5, 2015. He had been the Company’s Director since 2003 and served an important role in the listing of Company into the Stock Exchange of Thailand, as well as offering advice in several matters which were always beneficial to the operation of the Company. The Board of Directors and employees express deepest regret and sympathy on the loss of Mr. James Patrick Rooney whose merit will be forever remembered.
Mr. Prakit Pradipasen
Chairman of the Board